Undergraduate Architecture Coordinator
School of Architecture and Design
Office: Fletcher Hall, Room 123
Corey Saft is a professor in the School of Architecture and Design at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. He teaches the graduate thesis studio as well as seminars in building skins, sustainable development and housing. He co-curates the Architecture Exhibit at the Lafayette Science Museum and runs his own research and sustainable development practice. He is a licensed architect, a LEED-AP and the developer of the first certified PassiveHouse in the hot/humid zone of the American South and the first Louisiana LEED-platinum home outside of New Orleans . He was the Gulf Region Director on the ACSA National Board of Directors and is currently a Global Passive Building Council (GPBC) board member. He received his M.Arch in 1999 from the University of Oregon where he first studied advanced passive techniques.
- Affordable Housing Tax Credit Coalition, "Announces Winners of 19th Annual Charles L. Edson Tax Credit Excellence Awards." 2013
- USA Today, ‘Best green homes of 2010? You may be surprised.” USA Today Green House. January, 5, 2011. Web
- Architectural Record| McGraw-Hill Construction , “Low Energy, but High Impact.”, Continuing Education Center.” n.d., April 2011. Print.
- Solar Today magazine of the American Solar Energy Society (ASES), “Passive House, Aggressive Conservation.” Jan 2011. Print, cover story.
- James, Mary. Recreating the American Home: The Passive House Approach. LowCarbon Productions, 2010. Print-lead chapter.
- Scientific America “New “Peel and Stick” Solar Panels Could Turn Ordinary Buildings into Power Dynamos.” July 2010. Energy & Sustainability Edition. Web.
- “Passive Buildings in the US with a Special Focus on Hot & Humid Climate Solutions." AIA Austin and its Building Enclosure Council (BEC: Austin) hosted FULL DAY SEMINAR, 2013. Keynote Speaker
- “Does PassiveHouse have a Home in the Deep South?." ACSA Subtropical Cities 2013 Fall Conference. Oct. 2013. Fort Lauderdale, FL
- “PANEL: Widening the Pipeline of the Profession: Creating an Equitable and Diverse Profession.” ACSA Administrators Conference November, Providence, RI. 2013.organizer and moderator.
- “Hot, Humid and Still Cool”, invited reprint Aspen Publishers, Energy Design Update (EDU) Vol. 32, No. 11 November, 2012.
- DesignByMany challenge: Passive House for New Orleans, Design Competition, New Orleans, LA. 2011. Judge.
- INDesign Awards, Professional Built work. Lafayette, LA. Judge.
- “Architecture Exhibit.” Lafayette Science Museum, Main lobby. on-going. co-curator
- “The Steampunk and Makers Fair." Lafayette Science Museum, Main Lobby, Nov. 2013. co-curator
Awards & Recognition:
- Uptown Lofts, Lafayette, LA, 2010-12, $16 million LIHTC, mixed-use development. Design team; Energy consultant
- Honorable Mention, Green Housing category, 2013 Charles L. Edson Tax Credit Excellence Awards
- Enterprise Green Communities certified
- LeBois House, Lafayette, LA. 2010. Design & Development
- LEED Platinum certified
- Passive House certified
- AIA SW Louisiana Award of Merit
- AIA Walter Wagner Forum Competition winner
- Fulbright-Hays Scholar, Fulbright-Hays Group Project in China