Undergraduate Architecture Coordinator
School of Architecture and Design
Office: Fletcher Hall, Room 123
Corey Saft is a professor in the School of Architecture and Design at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. He is the second year co-coordinator and teaches the graduate thesis studio as well as seminars in building skins, sustainable development and housing. He co-curates the Architecture Exhibit at the Lafayette Science Museum and runs his own research and sustainable development practice. He is a licensed architect, a LEED-AP and the developer of the first certified PassiveHouse in the hot/humid zone of the American South and the first Louisiana LEED-platinum home outside of New Orleans . He was the Gulf Region Director on the ACSA National Board of Directors and is currently a Global Passive Building Council (GPBC) board member. He received his M.Arch in 1999 from the University of Oregon where he first studied advanced passive techniques.
- Affordable Housing Tax Credit Coalition, "Announces Winners of 19th Annual Charles L. Edson Tax Credit Excellence Awards." 2013
- USA Today, ‘Best green homes of 2010? You may be surprised.” USA Today Green House. January, 5, 2011. Web
- Architectural Record| McGraw-Hill Construction , “Low Energy, but High Impact.”, Continuing Education Center.” n.d., April 2011. Print.
- Solar Today magazine of the American Solar Energy Society (ASES), “Passive House, Aggressive Conservation.” Jan 2011. Print, cover story.
- James, Mary. Recreating the American Home: The Passive House Approach. LowCarbon Productions, 2010. Print-lead chapter.
- Scientific America “New “Peel and Stick” Solar Panels Could Turn Ordinary Buildings into Power Dynamos.” July 2010. Energy & Sustainability Edition. Web.
- “Passive Buildings in the US with a Special Focus on Hot & Humid Climate Solutions." AIA Austin and its Building Enclosure Council (BEC: Austin) hosted FULL DAY SEMINAR, 2013. Keynote Speaker
- “Does PassiveHouse have a Home in the Deep South?." ACSA Subtropical Cities 2013 Fall Conference. Oct. 2013. Fort Lauderdale, FL
- “PANEL: Widening the Pipeline of the Profession: Creating an Equitable and Diverse Profession.” ACSA Administrators Conference November, Providence, RI. 2013.organizer and moderator.
- “Hot, Humid and Still Cool”, invited reprint Aspen Publishers, Energy Design Update (EDU) Vol. 32, No. 11 November, 2012.
- DesignByMany challenge: Passive House for New Orleans, Design Competition, New Orleans, LA. 2011. Judge.
- INDesign Awards, Professional Built work. Lafayette, LA. Judge.
- “Architecture Exhibit.” Lafayette Science Museum, Main lobby. on-going. co-curator
- “The Steampunk and Makers Fair." Lafayette Science Museum, Main Lobby, Nov. 2013. co-curator
Awards & Recognition:
- Uptown Lofts, Lafayette, LA, 2010-12, $16 million LIHTC, mixed-use development. Design team; Energy consultant
- Honorable Mention, Green Housing category, 2013 Charles L. Edson Tax Credit Excellence Awards
- Enterprise Green Communities certified
- LeBois House, Lafayette, LA. 2010. Design & Development
- LEED Platinum certified
- Passive House certified
- AIA SW Louisiana Award of Merit
- AIA Walter Wagner Forum Competition winner
- Fulbright-Hays Scholar, Fulbright-Hays Group Project in China