Last Friday, several Master of Architecture students participated in the Graduate Student Research Showcase, an event co-sponsored by the Graduate School and the Office of the Vice President for Research, Innovation, and Economic Development.
The Research Showcase featured competitions and monetary prizes for posters and papers authored by graduate students from all disciplines. Architecture graduate students competed in the Showcase's Poster Competition in the "Professional" category.
These students presented the following projects:
- Quoc Dang, Chloe Reyes, and Jessica Landry - "[ACCELERATOR] incubating Lafayette"
- Alexandra Carr, Saraya Saadat, and Blair Begnaud - "Florence Robinson Park"
- Katie Murphy - "Visibility"
- Lauren Lambert - "Fitzgerald Station Outdoor Recreation Center"
- John Oliver - "Louisiana Lost: Illuminating a Changing Coast Through Installation Places"
Of these 5 teams and individuals, 2 were awarded with monetary prizes. 1st Place in the competition with a prize of $400 went to the "Florence Robinson Park" project team of Alexandra Carr, Saraya Saadat, and Blair Begnaud. 2nd Place, with a prize of $200, was awarded to Lauren Lambert for her project, “Fitzgerald Station Outdoor Recreation Center.” Their posters and photographs from their presentations are pictured below.
Congratulations to the winners and to all of M.Arch students who participated in this exciting event!
First Place Winning Poster: Alexandra Carr, Saraya Saadat, and Blair Begnaud, "Florence Robinson Park"
Second Place Winning Poster: Lauren Lambert, "Fitzgerald Station Outdoor Recreation Center"